wavy lines
About Asheboro
City Government
Services A-Z
Forms & Documents
Staring a Business
Utility Billing
Visitor Information
City Calendar

Sunset Theatre

Request Retire Asheboro InfoRetire in NCLiving in Asheboro



John Evans
Senior Planner
336-626-1201 x 225

Call for questions about:

Justin Luck
Zoning Administrator/
336-626-1201 x 292
Call for questions about:

Brad Morton
Planning Technician/
Deputy City Clerk
336-626-1201 x 212

Call for questions about:



Starting a Business

Completing a Change of Use

This means that you’re starting a business in a location that was not previously permitted for your type of business operation (such as turning an office building into an entertainment venue or changing an office building into an auto sales business)

1. Visit City Hall – 146 N. Church Street

2. Contact the Water Resources Technical Service Department concerning requirements for a Wastewater Discharge Permit (for all businesses) and grease control requirements (if you will be preparing food) by calling 336-672-0892 x 217. 

3. If you plan to sell/serve alcoholic beverages in your business you will need an ABC Permit.  Contact the NC Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission at 919-779-0700 for details. You must also obtain a city license from the Inspections Department after receiving your state ABC permit. You will need to pay your city license fee by cash or check.