wavy lines
About Asheboro
City Government
Services A-Z
Forms & Documents
Staring a Business
Utility Billing
Visitor Information
City Calendar

Sunset Theatre

Request Retire Asheboro InfoRetire in NCLiving in Asheboro



John Evans
Senior Planner
336-626-1201 x 225

Call for questions about:

Justin Luck
Zoning Administrator/
336-626-1201 x 292
Call for questions about:

Brad Morton
Planning Technician/
Deputy City Clerk
336-626-1201 x 212

Call for questions about:



Starting a Business

Completing a Change of Occupancy

This means that you’re starting a business in a location that was last permitted for that type of business (such as opening a restaurant in a building that was previously permitted for a restaurant)

1. Visit City Hall – 146 N. Church Street

2. Contact the Water Resources Technical Service Department concerning requirements for a Wastewater Discharge Permit (for all businesses) and grease control requirements (if you will be preparing food) by calling 336-672-0892 x 217. 

3. If you plan to sell/serve alcoholic beverages in your business you will need an ABC Permit.  Contact the NC Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission at 919-779-0700 for details. You also must obtain a city license from the Inspections Department after receiving your state ABC permit. You will need to pay your city license fee by cash or check.